Crown Oaks Day 2016
The big day! The day we crown / sash the winner of Fashions on the field 2016. Some ladies have been waiting a long time for this day, nerves are high as are the stakes. What stakes am I talking about? Well the winner walks away with ….
- A Lexus RC 200t F Sport valued at approximately $83,000. This includes all on-road costs including, 12 months registration, 12 months CTP insurance, dealer delivery, stamp duty, LCT and GST
- A Myer Shopping Spree to the value of $6,000
- A TCL TV Package including 55” Ultra HD Smart TV plus a 40” Full HD LED TV valued at a total of $2,298
- Antler luggage to the value of $1,600
- A hand crafted sterling silver perpetual Trophy, made by Peter Gertler of Melbourne.
- A limited edition 9ct white gold brooch, set with black diamonds, made by Peter Gertler of Melbourne, and valued at $1,750.
Now, Crown Oaks Day also involves the Millinery Awards, Which is always one that blows my mind. Each year the creative level has risen, so has the extreme attention to detail that’s evident in these sensational masterpieces.
The L’Oreal Powder room was located in the Park, offering racegoers the opportunity for free touch ups, manicures and blow waves throughout the day. Oh and everyone walked away with a $90 gift bag, filled with some seriously good L’Oreal goodies. I got a chance to pop in to the powder room on Oaks Day. The place was packed, vibrant and so much fun. After your mini makeovers, you got your photo taken on a incredible flower wall. Oh yes, I took advantage of this!!
Tobi Henney, Myself, Donny Galella, Gigi Connolly, Viktoria Novak.
A huge thank you to Misha Collection for my dress. My beautiful Hat was custom made by the talented Ann Shoebridge. Ann and I worked together on designing the perfect piece that exuded elegance and Shoes by Tony Bianco and Clutch by Mon Purse, which I designed using their “design your own” app on their website.
Makeup was done by L’Oreal Paris Makeup Director,Tobi Henney. With our True Romantic L’Oreal look. It was such and honor and so exciting to have partnered with L’Oreal over Melbourne Cup Carnival as their Oaks Day influencer. Hair by Michael Brown.